What’s Going On at FringeA-Thon 2018
12 NOON - KICK OFF
- Warm up with hosts John Jarboe and Virgil Gadson of So You Think You Can Dance and Broadway’s After Midnight.
- Preview the 2018 FringeA-Thon dance and start learning the moves.
- Hang out with the Phillie Phanatic, and join us for a Bollywood class with Philly Dance Fitness!
1PM - FROM BALLET TO ZUMBA
- Watch and learn from BalletX performers, and then get moving with a Zumba lesson by Nicole Metas.
- Enjoy the sounds of DJ Emcee Elroy from 12pm-5pm!
2PM - KIDS DANCE BATTLES
- From 2-4PM, stay tuned for the Kids Dance Battles! With three rounds and an open dance floor, we’re excited to see what moves your kids will bring to FringeA-Thon!
- The battle kicks off with a performance by Dance Battle Master Steve Believe‘s kid dancers, Hip Hop Fundamentals.
- A performance by middle school ballroom dancers of Dancing with the Students.
3PM – BEACH PARTY
- Sun’s out, hoops out! Philadelphia Spin Coalition breaks out the hula hoops, and you can show off your hip-shaking (hip-balancing?) skills!
- Jump into a Caribbean Hip Hop Lesson with Mel Cotton and feel those summer vibes!
4PM - TWIST HER or DIP HER
- Play Twister with John Jarboe!
- Learn how to partner dance with Deborah Hirsch and Philly Dance Fitness.
- Make sure you’re keeping up with Virgil Gadson’s “Move of the Hour”, so you can learn the FringeA-Thon dance by the end of the day!
5PM – HAPPY HOUR
- Jamming out to live music by the West Philadelphia Orchestra, a unique ensemble rooted in Eastern European folk music traditions and performed with Philadelphia voices nourished by our jazz heritage, tinged with punk rock, soul, and cheesesteaks.
6PM – HALF TIME
- Performances by the Super Bowl Champion, Philadelphia Eagles’ Drumline, Philly Phresh, a hip hop crew aged 7-17, and Old City Sweethearts, dancing to live jazz music. Philly Phresh, a hip hop crew aged 7-17, and Old City Sweethearts, dancing to vintage jazz music performed live!
7PM – DIVA HOUR
- The Roxborough YMCA Senior Sixers will bring their upbeat routines fresh from the basketball court.
- Take the stage with your own FringeA-Thon team for the Diva Dance Battle!
8PM – 80’s PROM NIGHT
- Get ready to slow dance, moonwalk, cabbage patch, and wop with your loved ones
- Find out who gets crowned Prom King and Queen…
9PM – 11PM – FRINGEA-THON LATE NIGHT
- Dance the night away to beats by Cosmo Baker.
- Performances by Virgil Gadson and G. Brunot, street hip hop crew Gungle Brothers, and voguers Xcel Dance Crew!
MIDNIGHT - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
Join us for the last few moments of fabulousness, and revel in the memories of a day spent learning, exploring, fundraising, playing, moving, and of course, dancing!
Plus more games, prizes, raffles, food trucks, give-aways and surprises in The Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons!